Friday, June 3, 2011

Meet the Designer of Our 2011 Loc Appreciation Day Logo

c0ilykins on Youtube



We decided to ask the winner of the Loc Appreciation Day Logo Contest a few questions so you can get to know the artist a little better. Read below to see what she had to say:

How long have you been an artist and what types of art do you like to create?
I have been an artist from the moment I created my first stick figure lol (age5). My first love was cartoons, so as a child, my art involved cartoons. As I got older, my art skills matured and I began to draw realistic portraits. I would say that as of today my art style is a cross between cartoon and realistic.

What inspired your design for Loc Appreciation Day?
The drawing of bob marley and the lion of zion is what inspired my design. That portrait always stood out to me and I felt empowered everytime I saw it. I wanted to create a design that made others feel empowered and proud to rock locs, to be fearless as a lion! After many many rough drafts, I was so happy to finally come up with a design that I was satisfied and confident about! Big hugs to everyone who voted! Love y'all!


How do you feel about being a part of Loc Appreciation Day/the Loc'd Movement?
I'm so thrilled and so grateful to be apart of L.A.D! I feel so honored to have been given a chance to show my loc family and the world what I'm made of and what I have to offer to this movement of beautiful people!

Where can we view more examples of your artwork?
You can view more of my artwork on www.deviantArt.com/robin1rose  
For business inquiries email me at robinartlife@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment